ValleyFeverSurvivor.com
Valley Fever Message Board
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile      Homepagevfs Homepage   Log inLog in 

Valley Fever Survivor at Facebook  Valley Fever Survivor's Twitter updates  Valley Fever Survivor's YouTube Channel  The RSS feed for Valley Fever Survivor's updates
Surgery Complete

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    valleyfeversurvivor.com Forum Index -> Personal Stories and Hopeful Stories from Valley Fever Experiences
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lmaha92951

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Surgery Complete Reply with quote

Hi all. It's been a bit crazy since I posted here last. I ended up having surgery on Nov 27th to remove the right upper lobe of my lung. I had debated if it was the right decision or not all the way up to the time they wheeled me into the O.R. I just knew I was tired of everything I'd dealt with this past year. When I woke up from the surgery the first words I heard was my husband saying "Honey you made the right choice!" Turns out I had fungal balls in that lobe and things had started to go outside that area of my lung. I had several adhesions. Doctor cleaned that all out and got it all.

The recovery is tough but I'm getting better everyday. The good news is the symptoms I had and was struggling with for so long before surgery are now gone. No more constant cough. No more coughing up blood. No more debilitating fatigue and achiness. Don't get me wrong I still am quite sore from the surgery and get tired easily as part of my recovery but it's vastly different than what I was dealing with before.

Thank God I had a great surgeon, a very supportive group of amily and friends to get me through all of this.

Lorrie
P.S. Merry Christmas everybody!
kat

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least now you are on the road to recovery and have something to look forward to. Keep the faith and you should start feeling better each day. Keep us informed on how you are doing.
LindaA

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lorrie,

I was wondering what decision you made, and I'm so glad that things are working out for you. Sounds like you had a worse lung problem than I did with adhesions and spreading, and it's undoubtedly a relief to have all of that infection removed. I'm assuming Mican was your surgeon, and she improved my situation too. As for being sore, it takes a few weeks, but even in those weeks I was able to do "light housekeeping/cooking, etc.". I consider myself lucky. By the way, my first Xray following my own surgery is next Monday to ensure that all other lung tissue looks good. I'm still testing positive after 3 months post-surgery, and you may too. It's one foot forward at a time...but it sounds like you put yourself into a better situation.

Your friend from the West Valley,
Linda
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    valleyfeversurvivor.com Forum Index -> Personal Stories and Hopeful Stories from Valley Fever Experiences All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: