ValleyFeverSurvivor.com
Valley Fever Message Board
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile      Homepagevfs Homepage   Log inLog in 

Valley Fever Survivor at Facebook  Valley Fever Survivor's Twitter updates  Valley Fever Survivor's YouTube Channel  The RSS feed for Valley Fever Survivor's updates
Happy Thanksgiving!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    valleyfeversurvivor.com Forum Index -> Valley Fever Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vfs_admin_Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:13 am    Post subject: Happy Thanksgiving! Reply with quote

This is a time of year many have the opportunity to gather with family, friends and loved ones that they don't often get to visit with. For some this time of year can be bittersweet. Some of you have lost people and pets to this disease, you have your own suffering to deal with and some of you have family with illnesses and problems that seem unconquerable.

Whatever each of you are going through at this time of year, we want to give thanks and love to all of you for believing in our work, being there for others and your courage and outpouring of love to total strangers. May you all have a blessed Thanksgiving and know that we are with each and every one of you through your good and bad days.

Sharon and Dave
Co-founders of www.valleyfeversurvivor.com
Budster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Sharon and Dave for this site for which I am thankful forr all that you do. I hope you have a very good Thanksgiving day!

Jerry

see my VF webpage here:http://www.budster.com/vf-01.htm
kat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Sharon and Dave. Wishing you a year full of things to be thankful for. I don't think I have told you but Lowell retired in April. Then we went waterskiing and he had a heart attack in July. He was released from cardio rehab at the end of Oct. He is doing much better but does have some heart damage. So I am very thankful this year that he survived a complete blockage in the left atrium. They called it the 'widow maker' and I am not a widow! As much as I fear it, we are going to Tucson, AZ for a month or so. Then on to New Mexico and Texas. You understand my fear better than anyone. Say a prayer for me and Lowell as we travel in cocci country.
vfs_admin_Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so sorry Lowell had a heart attack. It must have been very scary for both of you. Now that he has retired hopefully there will be a lot less stress in his life and he will start taking better care of himself. I know you are doing your best to take care of him. We both hope your travels will be safe and cocci-free Smile You both will be in our prayers.

We wish you both a early Merry Christmas in case you are not around to do more writing and wish next year brings health, peace and enjoyment into your lives.

Dave and Sharon
kat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I'll keep you posted as we travel.
JeanK

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharon & Dave,

Thanks for being here for my husband and I. We're just taking one day at a time for this holiday season as we both seem to be in remission re: VF but my husbands dementia is increasing as he gets older and sweeter.

Kat, Right now Tucson is chilly so I doubt if there's much cocci flying around. I do hope you both are hanging in there for your traveling holiday and all continues to go as well as it can for you both.

Love to you All & Happy Holidays, Jean
kat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jean,
Thank you for your words of support. Yes, I heard that you were getting the tail end of our winter blast. We are having record breaking temps here. It got down to 10 below Saturday nite! We don't usually get anywhere near that cold here. So it will probably feel tropical to us when we get there! (:
vfs_admin_Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Jean, we are glad to be of help and support. It's always good to hear the good news when VF goes dormant but we are saddened to hear of your husband's dementia worsening. We wish both of you a peaceful and loving Christmas.
www.valleyfeverepidemic.com
Join us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/valleyfeversurvivor
View our You Tube channel: www.youtube.com/valleyfeversurvivor
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    valleyfeversurvivor.com Forum Index -> Valley Fever Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: