ValleyFeverSurvivor.com
Valley Fever Message Board
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile      Homepagevfs Homepage   Log inLog in 

Valley Fever Survivor at Facebook  Valley Fever Survivor's Twitter updates  Valley Fever Survivor's YouTube Channel  The RSS feed for Valley Fever Survivor's updates
Big step today on my VF journey

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    valleyfeversurvivor.com Forum Index -> Valley Fever Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epenney

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Big step today on my VF journey Reply with quote

I got an early Christmas present today. I saw my ID doc this morning, and he has decided that I am doing so well that I don't have to see him again, unless I have a suspected relapse. I will still have to get tested every 2 months, and see my family doc every 3 months.

The first week of January 2014 will be the 5th anniversary of my VF diagnosis. I was on Fluconazole for almost 4-1/2 years, with the last dose taken this past May. For three of those years I was taking 800 MG/day. Since stopping the Fluconazole, I have steadily regained my strength & stamina, mental clarity, and the joint and muscle pains are gone. I think I am back to pre-VF physical condition except for the horrendous pot-belly I developed after a got VF.

Merry Christmas everyone, and I hope today finds you having a good day.
-Eric
dank

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:43 am    Post subject: Big Step Reply with quote

Congratulations ECPenny! A wonderful Christmas gift

Am interested if your Valley Fever was of the disseminated kind?

Thanks,
dank
epenney

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dank,

My VF is the disseminated type. That is what my ID doc told me several years ago. Thankfully, it did not spread to my brain.

-Eric
kat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric,
What a wonderful Christmas gift! Thank you for sharing the great news with us. It gives hope to those who are still fighting.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    valleyfeversurvivor.com Forum Index -> Valley Fever Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: