ValleyFeverSurvivor.com
Valley Fever Message Board
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile      Homepagevfs Homepage   Log inLog in 

Valley Fever Survivor at Facebook  Valley Fever Survivor's Twitter updates  Valley Fever Survivor's YouTube Channel  The RSS feed for Valley Fever Survivor's updates
First Time Valley Fever

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    valleyfeversurvivor.com Forum Index -> Valley Fever Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SacTown916Moreno

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:38 pm    Post subject: First Time Valley Fever Reply with quote

Hello Sad ,

Im here on behalf of my best friend who has VF with traces of Pneumonia. She began her first treatment of Chemo because it has spread throughout her both her lungs. has anyone known Chemo to help treat valley fever? With Chemo, VF, and pneumonia does anyone know if cannibus pills would help with appetite? Any resources or information would help.

Thank You and God Bless,

SacTown916Moreno

-One Love-
kat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am confused. Why is she on chemo? Does she have cancer in both lungs? Did she have a biopsy to prove she has cancer? I hope you aren't saying they have her on chemo for Valley Fever! I have NEVER heard of that treatment for VF. Chemo weakens your immune system and makes you more susceptible to getting VF.
Bbeatie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:04 pm    Post subject: First Time Reply with quote

By chemo therapy I wonder if you mean she is recieving anti-fungal meds intravenously; its not unlike going through chemotherapy with some nasty side effects. The valleyfeversurvivor website has a wealth of information available as does the book Valley Fever Epidemic.

As far as the use of cannabis goes, that is a decision your friend can make but there is no research that I know of regarding its use in conjunction with V.F. treatments; however its use in appetite stimulation is well known.
But again that would be a personal choice.

Best of luck
BB
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    valleyfeversurvivor.com Forum Index -> Valley Fever Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: