ValleyFeverSurvivor.com
Valley Fever Message Board
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile      Homepagevfs Homepage   Log inLog in 

Valley Fever Survivor at Facebook  Valley Fever Survivor's Twitter updates  Valley Fever Survivor's YouTube Channel  The RSS feed for Valley Fever Survivor's updates
Titers came back "Negative" for the first time

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    valleyfeversurvivor.com Forum Index -> Valley Fever Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epenney

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:57 pm    Post subject: Titers came back "Negative" for the first time Reply with quote

Just got the results on my latest Coccidioides immitis AB, titer, CF test, and for the first time it said negative titer. I've been at <2 titer for the last several years until now.

So I assume the above is good? Great? Fantastic?

My Kaiser ID doc retired at the end of 2013, and released me to follow up with my Kaiser GP every three months. I go into my GP next week to review the test results, so I'll see what he has to say.
susan ulmer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Eric
Same to you as to Bill...CONGRATULATIONS! It's FANTASTIC! It's so good to see a couple of our longtime friends showing up with negative titers. It's hope for all of us so thanks for posting! I hope your remission continues for the rest of your life and that is long and happy!
All the best,
Susan
epenney

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Susan,

After 4-1/2 years of taking Fluconazole, I was taken off it last May initially on a trial basis and tested every 30 days to see if the <2 titers would remain at that level. Thankfully the titers did not increase, and now that I'm testing negative titers I hope it remains so. During the worst of my illness it seems as though I lost 2 years out of my life because my memories of that time period are mostly blank. I feel great now.

I hope today finds you having a great day,
Eric
vfs_admin_Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is absolutely wonderful that you are feeling better Eric. This is the kind of story we love to hear!
www.valleyfeverepidemic.com
Join us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/valleyfeversurvivor
View our You Tube channel: www.youtube.com/valleyfeversurvivor
Bbeatie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Hey thats great news! Worth celebrating for sure. Nice to see another North Valley Survivor doing well, congrats.

BB
epenney

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks All...

I saw my GP last week and he confirmed the VF is considered in remission. I'll get tested a few more times every 3 months, then will increase to every 6 months.
Nick

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Epenney,

Good to hear that news from you. It's encouraging how people diagnosed with VF meningitis feel good and live a life of hope again. I had my result back a week ago. Same as yours, I have NEGATIVE titer at this point and POSITIVE IgG is detected as well. Is your result showing Positive Ab too or do you have every thing Negative?

Smile
epenney

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick,

I did not know at the time to ask about Positive IgG and Positive Ab. Should I be asking my doc about this?

-Eric
Nick

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more you know the better. I have meningitis as well. Three months after my diagnosis, I have a negative titer. My initial one was 1:4 from UC Davis.
vfs_admin_Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to specify, your tests almost certainly specify which antibodies were tested (IgG for the ones you would focus on most) and the term Ab is for antibodies being studied.

As to whether you need to ask your doctor about it, yes, you should have him or her go over your lab results with you so you understand it. You probably won't need new tests, just to look at the tests you already have.

"Coccidioides Serum Ab," when as a test's name, means they tested the blood serum. The test will mention IgG and IgM antibodies as being tested and the IgG are the ones you need to focus on now that you're past the first few months of the infection.
epenney

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply. I should know about the antibodies, and now that I think about it, my ID doc in the past 5 years did discuss the antibodies with me during some of my visits with him, but I can't remember the specifics. My ID doc retired at the end of December, and my GP is now responsible for any VF related issues that may arise with me. I'll email him and ask for an explanation of the antibodies indicated from my last Cocci blood test.

I'll be at KVIE this evening, and hope to meet you if you are there.

-Eric
vfs_admin_Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let us know how the presentation with the KVIE documentary goes. I am in Washington so we could not make it to the event ourselves.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    valleyfeversurvivor.com Forum Index -> Valley Fever Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: