ValleyFeverSurvivor.com
Valley Fever Message Board
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile      Homepagevfs Homepage   Log inLog in 

Valley Fever Survivor at Facebook  Valley Fever Survivor's Twitter updates  Valley Fever Survivor's YouTube Channel  The RSS feed for Valley Fever Survivor's updates
Fungus causing valley fever found in Washington soil

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    valleyfeversurvivor.com Forum Index -> Valley Fever Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Budster

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 10:30 am    Post subject: Fungus causing valley fever found in Washington soil Reply with quote

http://www.spokesman.com/health/stories/2014/may/06/fungus-causing-valley-fever-found-in-washington/

you never know where cocci will rear it's ugly head..........

see my VF webpage here:http://www.budster.com/vf-01.htm
vfs_admin_Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jerry, we'll be doing a lot more talking about this soon. I have done an informal discussion but am waiting on CDC press office approval to have a recorded interview with some of the people behind this. When we talked about the cases that were diagnosed in Washington State from 2011-12 several years ago I considered that travel might still be the culprit, as all three cases had a travel history to an endemic area.

However the soil samples taken at that time were only now in 2014 finally tested to prove that it could be in Eastern Washington, on the opposite side of the Cascade range from Seattle. Incidentally, there have been many soil test surveys attempted where people have tried very hard to find it in Arizona and California but could not do it at all. I hope to have a lot more information sooner than later.

All my best,
www.valleyfeverepidemic.com
Join us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/valleyfeversurvivor
View our You Tube channel: www.youtube.com/valleyfeversurvivor
Budster

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dave, I hope that some factual information is found soon.

see my VF webpage here:http://www.budster.com/vf-01.htm
k_poh

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't want to wish this disease to anyone , and I apologize for saying this, but I hope it spreads to Washington DC so they will start looking at funding and research so we will have a cure for it.

I really don't feel good by saying the above, I'm sorry.
vfs_admin_Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

K_Poh, I too have wondered what would happen if someone famous enough had a severe case. There had been recent and not-so-recent reports about film productions in the desert resulting in VF infections, but none that resulted in actors sponsoring the cause so far. Some athletes have been infected as well.

As to the politicians, if the 2001 biological weapon attack in the senate mail system had been done with cocci spores instead of anthrax spores, the congressional mail still would have been halted. They would still irradiate future mail. They still would have cleaned the place like mad. The only difference is that, instead of suspecting Cipro would be effective, they would have been stuck with far less effective drugs and those infected would not truly be "cured."

If it were common knowledge, it would say a lot about the severity of VF if we can just get enough reporters to listen. At least PBS had Viewfinder's "The Deadly Dust" recently, which was probably the best information on VF ever televised. We are also working on trying to reach other reporters and producers so keep your fingers crossed.

All my best,
www.valleyfeverepidemic.com
Join us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/valleyfeversurvivor
View our You Tube channel: www.youtube.com/valleyfeversurvivor
kat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I often wondered if we could have it in the high desert regions of the Pacific Northwest as they have it in other high cold desert regions. It was found in Eastern Utah when they were digging dinosaur bones.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    valleyfeversurvivor.com Forum Index -> Valley Fever Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: