ValleyFeverSurvivor.com
Valley Fever Message Board
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile      Homepagevfs Homepage   Log inLog in 

Valley Fever Survivor at Facebook  Valley Fever Survivor's Twitter updates  Valley Fever Survivor's YouTube Channel  The RSS feed for Valley Fever Survivor's updates
NEED YOUNG VALLEY FEVER SUFFERERS, SURVIVORS

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    valleyfeversurvivor.com Forum Index -> Valley Fever Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anniehall56

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:58 am    Post subject: NEED YOUNG VALLEY FEVER SUFFERERS, SURVIVORS Reply with quote

My husband is a Valley Fever survivor who is a gastroenterologist in Los Angeles. I am a journalism professor and adviser at Mt. San Antonio College in Los Angeles, the largest community college in the state. We are an award-winning journalism program and our college is comprised of more than 58,000 students.

We recently formed a media partnership with Medium, created by Evan Williams, the owner of Twitter. My students will be reporting in-depth stories and will be exposed to a global audience.

One of my top student editors, Adam Fuentes, is writing a story about Valley Fever. He has interviewed several people with Valley Fever, as well as numerous ID and pulmonary doctors, but he has yet to find anyone to speak with who has or has had Valley Fever and is between the ages of 17-30. Everyone is either much younger, or much older.

If anyone knows someone between that age group that would be willing to be interviewed for this story, it would be a great service to create an awareness in the college demographic about Valley Fever.

Please contact me, Toni Albertson, professor of journalism and adviser of student media, Mt. San Antonio College, 909-594-5611 X6130, or call Adam Fuentes at 904-442-4916.

Thank you!
Budster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for helping to spread the 'word'. Keep us informed about this and give links to any stories that are published.

Jerry, one of the 'older survivors'

see my VF webpage here:http://www.budster.com/vf-01.htm
Sheila

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest you post this information on the survivor facebook support group page. It gets a whole lot more traffic these days than this original message board. Good luck with your project. We need all the publicity we can get!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/434777126551838/
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    valleyfeversurvivor.com Forum Index -> Valley Fever Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: