ValleyFeverSurvivor.com
Valley Fever Message Board
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile      Homepagevfs Homepage   Log inLog in 

Valley Fever Survivor at Facebook  Valley Fever Survivor's Twitter updates  Valley Fever Survivor's YouTube Channel  The RSS feed for Valley Fever Survivor's updates
Tucson news update

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    valleyfeversurvivor.com Forum Index -> Valley Fever Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JeanK

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:19 am    Post subject: Tucson news update Reply with quote

Tucson's monday night news reported an update on a new med- nikkomyoinZ (NikZ) in which Dr. Galgiani is requesting research to be picked up by a drug company interested in helping since the production of this Rx is costly.

As a carrier of this fungus which includes sx's of periodically coughing up blood as well as being a homeowner in Tucson area, I tend to feel trapped between the rock and the hard place. If i advertise my condition, I can't sell my home. If I support publicity re: the dangers of being a transplant to the southwest due to valley fever, I suffer the wrath of my neighbors or the dismissal of my condition as my being an alarmnist. The funniest part is that those whom I do mention my condition to-know someone who has suffered from of died of VF. Crazy huh??? Anyhow, below is the recent news link if you want to check it out. Jean

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/26718975/ua-teams-valley-fever-drug-on-fast-track-as-possible-cure
vfs_admin_Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jean, I empathize with your frustration. However I'd have to say there are so many people who refuse to believe VF will happen to them I sometimes think even a hospital tour to visit the worst VF cases wouldn't prevent them from entering the area. Informed consent is always vital, but what people do with it once they have the knowledge is puzzling sometimes.

Thank you for posting the article. Another article about the nikkomycin Z developments mentions that trials will begin "late 2015" so although it isn't nearly as soon as we would like, and doesn't have nearly the funding we'd want it to have, at least it is moving forward.

http://www.bakersfieldcalifornian.com/pick-6/x782595784/FDA-action-may-speed-up-valley-fever-drug-development

All my best
www.valleyfeverepidemic.com
Join us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/valleyfeversurvivor
View our You Tube channel: www.youtube.com/valleyfeversurvivor
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    valleyfeversurvivor.com Forum Index -> Valley Fever Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: