ValleyFeverSurvivor.com
Valley Fever Message Board
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile      Homepagevfs Homepage   Log inLog in 

Valley Fever Survivor at Facebook  Valley Fever Survivor's Twitter updates  Valley Fever Survivor's YouTube Channel  The RSS feed for Valley Fever Survivor's updates
antibodies

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    valleyfeversurvivor.com Forum Index -> Valley Fever Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aznan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:52 pm    Post subject: antibodies Reply with quote

I recently had occasion to visit an Urgent Care to get medication for the 'flu' that's going around and was seen by a Physician's Assistant. During the visit she read the file and commented on my having Valley Fever, then added, "Did you know anyone born here is born with the antibodies to fight Valley Fever"? "That's why they don't get it as bad as someone who wasn't born here".
vfs_admin_Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a horrible lack of education. I'm sorry you had to suffer through hearing those words. Eventually, someday, I won't be shocked and horrified by the routine ignorance that people with Valley Fever are forced to endure. Until then emoticons will have to suffice for this particular combination of emotions. Mad Shocked Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad

More important than any of their statements, I hope you are feeling better already.

All my best,
www.valleyfeverepidemic.com
Join us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/valleyfeversurvivor
View our You Tube channel: www.youtube.com/valleyfeversurvivor
aznan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David, thank you for your reply. I was so surprised when she said that and grateful I knew enough from the information on this website and your book to know that's not true. That was three weeks ago. My symptoms have returned, so I went back today. Had a chest x-ray and was seen by a different P.A. She said I have some pneumonia and prescribed strong antibiotics. I asked if it was pneumonia or Valley Fever, she said, "Definitely pneumonia". Well, I'm not so sure, but will take the meds and see, then follow up with my Dr. who knows about Valley Fever.
vfs_admin_Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was a specific organism diagnosed? I ask because VF would not be found if there had not been any testing for it, and it could also be a cause of pneumonia, just as bacterial infection can be. Antifungals have often been recommended at the same time as antibacterial antibiotics when someone has VF and another infection. I hope things resolve quickly for you.
www.valleyfeverepidemic.com
Join us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/valleyfeversurvivor
View our You Tube channel: www.youtube.com/valleyfeversurvivor
aznan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The P.A. seemed pretty sure it was a bacterial pneumonia, at least I assume that was her diagnosis when she said, "Definitely pneumonia". I am on some pretty strong antibiotics and after taking one last night I feel a lot better. Nine more days to go. Still plan to follow up with my Dr. Hopefully he will order a follow up x-ray.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    valleyfeversurvivor.com Forum Index -> Valley Fever Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: