ValleyFeverSurvivor.com
Valley Fever Message Board
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile      Homepagevfs Homepage   Log inLog in 

Valley Fever Survivor at Facebook  Valley Fever Survivor's Twitter updates  Valley Fever Survivor's YouTube Channel  The RSS feed for Valley Fever Survivor's updates
Reactivated in Nashville

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    valleyfeversurvivor.com Forum Index -> Valley Fever Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
astro2.0

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reactivated in Nashville Reply with quote

It's a long shot, but can anyone recommend any good ID docs in Nashville? I will probably try Vanderbilt first.

My first bout of Valley Fever was in 2011 and my titers never went above 1:8. My symptoms came back just over a month ago, but it was only last week when I began sweating profusely at work that I realized my VF reactivated. I went to a nearby walk-in clinic twice. My last visit was 2/18 and I insisted on cocci blood testing. The results were in today. My ImG is a low positive (1.3) and the lab couldn't even run an IgG. The nurse practitioner was great but had never heard of VF and had actually thought I said ballet fever and asked for clarification (ha!).

I guess that's the downside of being in a non-endemic region and dealing with reactivation. I'm contemplating reaching out to my old ID doc in Arizona!
vfs_admin_Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Astro2.0,

I'm sorry I do not know of any in Nashville for you to see. However your instinct of reaching out to your doctor in Arizona was pretty close to my recommendation. Would your doctor be willing to do a consultation with other doctors?

I know that, at least in the past, Kern Medical Center's Dr. Royce Johnson was willing to do free doctor-to-doctor consultations on Valley Fever. Some people have reported that this information had saved their lives. It may be worthwhile to have your doctor contact Kern Medical Center, ask to be connected to Dr. Royce Johnson's office, and schedule a consultation about your case. It had to be a direct doctor-to-doctor consultation unless you were already a patient of Dr. Johnson's before the move. That seems unlikely considering your mention of Arizona, so doctor-to-doctor it would be.

Having a local doctor who is willing to listen is the key to make this happen. You will probably want to speak with your possible local doctors' office staffs to see if the doctor would even be willing to do the consultation. If not, call the next local doctor's office. An uncooperative staff is a likely preview of the doctor's future behavior.

I hope this helps. Please let us know how things go.
www.valleyfeverepidemic.com
Join us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/valleyfeversurvivor
View our You Tube channel: www.youtube.com/valleyfeversurvivor
astro2.0

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is great advice. Thanks Dave!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    valleyfeversurvivor.com Forum Index -> Valley Fever Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: