ValleyFeverSurvivor.com
Valley Fever Message Board
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile      Homepagevfs Homepage   Log inLog in 

Valley Fever Survivor at Facebook  Valley Fever Survivor's Twitter updates  Valley Fever Survivor's YouTube Channel  The RSS feed for Valley Fever Survivor's updates
Ash in the Air in Fresno from Mountain Fires

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    valleyfeversurvivor.com Forum Index -> Valley Fever Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dank

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:58 pm    Post subject: Ash in the Air in Fresno from Mountain Fires Reply with quote

My valley fever disseminated to my brain in August of 2011. Highest titer of 16. Lost 50 lbs in 50 days. Headache, nausea, joint pain, brain fog, etc etc.

Was on 16 mg fluconazole until my titer went to negligible. When titer went o negligible Dr. reduced medication every three months. Now I am 200 mg per day maintenance. Symptom and fluconazle side effects also went to negligible. Feel much better now.

The first couple weeks of September, the air in the SJ Valley was extremely bad due to the fires in the Mountains. For a week there was even a pretty heavy ash type snow.

During this period I felt light side effects similar to when I had when the Valley Fever was at its peak such as head ache, joint pain, light night swets and lack of appetite an a small amount of nausea???

My question is Do you think the bad air may have agitated the area in my lungs that the VF effected and cause this light version of Valley side effects.

Now that the air is slightly better, I also am feeling much better.
vfs_admin_Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry you were breathing that in. The fires looked like a nightmare on the news. Particles in the air from the fire can cause all kinds of problems with the lungs, and even in someone who never had Valley Fever the symptoms could occur depending on what was inhaled. It is hard to know whether the problems from inhaling the ashy air would have that type of effect due to your previous VF infection. I'm glad you are feeling better now from both the VF and the air.
www.valleyfeverepidemic.com
Join us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/valleyfeversurvivor
View our You Tube channel: www.youtube.com/valleyfeversurvivor
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    valleyfeversurvivor.com Forum Index -> Valley Fever Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: