ValleyFeverSurvivor.com
Valley Fever Message Board
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile      Homepagevfs Homepage   Log inLog in 

Valley Fever Survivor at Facebook  Valley Fever Survivor's Twitter updates  Valley Fever Survivor's YouTube Channel  The RSS feed for Valley Fever Survivor's updates
We left Jake for one night....

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    valleyfeversurvivor.com Forum Index -> Pet Owner Stories and Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jakelover

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:48 pm    Post subject: We left Jake for one night.... Reply with quote

Our dog was dignosed a little over a month ago and he seems to be doing good. His limp was gone...well, left him overnight with my parents. (I know that being away from me stresses him out) but I don't have anyone that can stay with him though I have people that can come over, I felt better knowing that someone was with him all of the time. ANyhow, my Dad took him for a walk this morning and part way through he began to limp. He hasn't since the beginning of this process over 30 days ago. Now I am stressed because in a few weeks I will be leaving him with them for a week. I am a worrier and I can't help but wonder if this happened in 1 day then what can happen in a week. I read that Vitamin B-complex is something I might try( for the stress) but I have him on so many other things too that I worry that I am giving him too much. I started him on the Azmira Yucca Intensive and I will do that for a few days to see if he bounce back from his limp. Their yard is all rock which he hates and maybe he walked funny which agrivated the leg a bit. I worry about set backs and wonder if it is normal 1 month into it. I look for anyone's thoughts. I want to go on this vacation with my Family but I a so worried to leave the dog :0(.
grannydi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to hear that Jake has had a little setback, but at this point it doesn't seem like a reason for serious concern. Just watch him carefully for other symptoms and make sure he rests for a few days. It's hard to have patience when you just want your furkid to feel better, but unfortunately, the little setbacks are pretty common with VF. The first time my little guy had it back in 2000, he was probably 3-4 months into the treatment before he was having fairly consistent good days.

Is he still limping now?

One thing you might try when you have to leave him is to bring some things from home with your scent on them. Whenever I have to leave my little guy, I always bring him a tshirt to sleep with that has my scent on it. It seems to give him some comfort. If the stress is really bad for him, you might also try Rescue Remedy in his water to see if that keeps him calmer. It is a flower essence that you can buy at the health food store, and it only takes a couple of drops. It doesn't work for all dogs, but some people have pretty good luck with it. I don't think it could hurt to give it a try.

Diana
Jakelover

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grannydi,

Thank you for your relpy. I haven't walked him yet, it is hot here all the way up until 10 pm. I will walk him in the am and see. It doesn't really show itself until we go for a "walk". Through the house and yard he has always appeared fine. I inspected his paw and touched up and down and he isn't showing any sensitivity to that.

As far as his "stress" when we leave him. I bring his bed, his toys and a long list of instructions so that he is handled the same way we do. I will try leaving a scented item of mine. That definitely might help.

He really seems "ok" right now. He ate great too. I can't wait until we are months into this. I am always nervous...he is my baby!

Again, thank you for your help. I will keep you posted if it turn out to be anything. I prayed tonight that he walks limp free in the morning. Then I can assume he stepped on a rock or something.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    valleyfeversurvivor.com Forum Index -> Pet Owner Stories and Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: