ValleyFeverSurvivor.com
Valley Fever Message Board
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile      Homepagevfs Homepage   Log inLog in 

Valley Fever Survivor at Facebook  Valley Fever Survivor's Twitter updates  Valley Fever Survivor's YouTube Channel  The RSS feed for Valley Fever Survivor's updates
Jakes Titer is down

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    valleyfeversurvivor.com Forum Index -> Pet Owner Stories and Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jakelover

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Jakes Titer is down Reply with quote

Hi All,

I just received a fabulous message today! Jake's titer is down to 1:4 from 1:64. We are going to treat for 3 more months and retest and possibly stop meds after that.

Now, his foot is still an issue but I am feeling so much more hopeful!!

Thank you for you support and quick responses. It has been awesome to know that others have been in the same boat as us.

Best wishes,
Gail
Ladysmith52

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jakelover -
Congrats to you & Jake!!! And continued blessings too!
Take care,
Diane Smile
Sheila

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gail how wonderful! I do want to add a word of caution on discontinuing the meds though. Even if the titers go down to negative considering his battle from 1:64 I would suggest keeping him on the meds for an additional 2-3 months. Retest again, and then if they are still negative try to discontinue. Don't rush into discontinuing the meds, as the return with a vengeance is well-documented.

I expect to have a similar problem with my Jennie. I started her on meds when her titers were at 1:128. She's at 1:4 now and I will retest first of the year. She's done so well on them, her liver enzymes controlled between the dosage and the milk thistle, I admit I'm afraid to stop them. You know if Jennie's titers go to negative I will wait and retest, maybe even 6 months, before I drop the meds. At first sign of lethargy I will restart them and keep her on them for life.

BTW, my other one with vf tests consistently at 1:4. Not on meds, never was even though his titers went to 1:32. At 1:4 for the past year he is fine. Without meds. 1:4 can be an indication of the past. Very tricky this vf.

Which is not to dampen the victory. Hoooraaaaaaay for Jake! Truly wonderful news.
Sheila
Jakelover

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of yesterday, Jakes Titer test came back 1:8 which is up from the last one that read 1:4. I can't go by the numbers because if you look at him, he is active ,healthy looking and has a hearty appetite. He just had surgery 1 month ago and though he recuperated quickly, I know the stress from being away from me and " home" and the healing process has probaly added to the rise in his numbers. I am okay keeping him on the meds because he is tolerating it nicely. Actually, I see know bad side effects from them at all.

So that is where we stand. HE is defintley my hero! I watch his attitude every day and though he has been through a lot he gets up every day with a very positive attitude(his life revolves around his breakfast/dinner and walks and taking the kids to school and picking them up). I thank God everyday that I have have had him for 1 more day.

I know that most aren't so lucky to have the outcome that I have. We have been down rough roads but always have pulled through. I think everday what it would be like watching him be ill or worse not having him at all. I am thankful and have not taken it for granted as I know tomorrow can always be different. But in Jakes eyes, as long as breakfast and walks come...the rest of the day will be fine.

My prayers are will everyone that is dealing with this disease,
Gail
Ladysmith52

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gail -
Boy, we sure can learn alot from Jake's attitude about life and taking each moment at a time!!! Very Happy Am sooo happy for your family right now with this great news! Hang in there and keep us posted.
Diane
Jakelover

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:50 am    Post subject: Update on Jake Reply with quote

It is the beginning of March and we continue to go down a happy path. He has so much energy. He shows no signs of being ill so I am very greatful for this time we have together. The summer is nearing and we will be in the pool which is his favorite time of the year becasue we are out back with him a lot. I really didn't think we would have 1 more summer but I now know we will and am looking forward to spending that time with him. I keep everyone in our prayers that they have 1 more day with their dogs like I have had with Jake. Each day is even more special because I don't take it for granted.

Gail
Ladysmith52

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gail -
Happy Spring to you & Jake! Please continue to keep us posted Smile
Diane S.
Nana

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Gail, for the wonderful update. I'm very happy for you -- and Jake!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    valleyfeversurvivor.com Forum Index -> Pet Owner Stories and Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: