ValleyFeverSurvivor.com
Valley Fever Message Board
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile      Homepagevfs Homepage   Log inLog in 

Valley Fever Survivor at Facebook  Valley Fever Survivor's Twitter updates  Valley Fever Survivor's YouTube Channel  The RSS feed for Valley Fever Survivor's updates
R.I.P. Babykins

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    valleyfeversurvivor.com Forum Index -> Pet Owner Stories and Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nogeekspls

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: R.I.P. Babykins Reply with quote

Today we had to put my beloved horse Babykins to sleep due to Valley Fever.

We had been fighting this battle hard since September when she was finally accurately diagnosed. She had become "sick" in April with an acute lameness that was so bad it was thought to be a broken hip. After being taken to an Equine hospital, she was proclaimed as just having nerve damage and to let her rest...she started to lose weight, appetite etc.

Three weeks ago my veterinarian drained THIRTY LITERS of fluid out of her abdomen and chest. It came back two weeks later and she lost even more weight.

Her resting heart rate was now at 100 beats per minute!

I was told there was no hope for her ever getting better.

She was just 3 1/2 years old.

We had TWO huge housing developements put in on each side of my property each one of 750+ homes.

I know this is what "stirred up" the valley fever fungus.

No one seems to care about the health riks to humans or animals over this.

I am devastated.

My poor baby horse.

Here is a link to her baby photo album. I never thought this was all I would have left of her.

http://pets.webshots.com/album/134711909dPGkls
Sheila

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so sorry to hear about Babykins. This is just so sad and I wanted you to know that we all share your grief. I looked at your album with tears in my eyes, and gratitude that you were strong enough to post here so others would know how devastating this VF can be, not only for humans. Not only for dogs. My heartfelt sympathies for your loss.
Sheila
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    valleyfeversurvivor.com Forum Index -> Pet Owner Stories and Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: