ValleyFeverSurvivor.com
Valley Fever Message Board
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile      Homepagevfs Homepage   Log inLog in 

Valley Fever Survivor at Facebook  Valley Fever Survivor's Twitter updates  Valley Fever Survivor's YouTube Channel  The RSS feed for Valley Fever Survivor's updates
I think we are losing the battle

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    valleyfeversurvivor.com Forum Index -> Pet Owner Stories and Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nogeekspls

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: I think we are losing the battle Reply with quote

My horse Babykins presented with an acute and severe hind leg lameness six months ago.

The lameness was so bad that she was sent to an equine hospital for x-rays as our vet was sure she had broekn her hip.

Nothing came up on x-rays the hospital vet thought it was just nerve damage and prescribed rest.

She began losing weight, but we attributed that at first to muscle atrophy from her not getitng any excercise.

When the weight loss became worse the vet came again. Every test was run, and three weeks later we had our Valley Fever Diagnosis.

I was told by my vet that she was as sick as a horse could be. We knew she was on deaths door. I began her on the difluconazole. For the last 2 1/2 months she seemed to be getting better.

I went away last week for four days and when I came back she had a funny wart like thing on her lip, and her demeanor seemed not as good.

My vet came out today, and is VERY unhappy from her last exam. She believes the filly is in Atrial fibrilation, and that the fungus has disseminated to her heart.

Babykins has maintained a great attitude while being so sick.

I have a call into Dr. S at ASU.

I really thought we were on our road to recovery.
vfs_admin_Sharon
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We at Valley Fever Survivor are very sorry to hear what has happened to your horse Babykins. Has your veterinarian tried using amphotericin B intravenously to see if that would be of any help? Unfortunately too many horses have contracted this disease and many of them have not made it.

Please keep us updated and let us know how Babykins is doing.

All my best,

Sharon
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    valleyfeversurvivor.com Forum Index -> Pet Owner Stories and Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: