ValleyFeverSurvivor.com
Valley Fever Message Board
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile      Homepagevfs Homepage   Log inLog in 

Valley Fever Survivor at Facebook  Valley Fever Survivor's Twitter updates  Valley Fever Survivor's YouTube Channel  The RSS feed for Valley Fever Survivor's updates
Yup, Valley Fever Sucks . . .

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    valleyfeversurvivor.com Forum Index -> Personal Stories and Hopeful Stories from Valley Fever Experiences
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robin Smith

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Yup, Valley Fever Sucks . . . Reply with quote

Yup, sucks doesn't it? Wanna know somethin' though? The wheelchair, several comas in ICU, near death experiences, three years in the hospital and continued brain injections (ampho) have all taught me something: I would be a much lessor person without the experiences. Bloom where you're planted and find happiness, please

Let's not turn this website into a pity party, okay? Our time will be much better spent sharing and learning to go from here with the blessings that we have been given.

Love,
Robin
JeanK

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: my perks Reply with quote

Hey Robin,

Actually my near-death experience, courtesy of valley fever, is what is helping me to carry on with this leg of my journey which included the rejection of the brother I was closest to when he went through a cancer scare, the commitment to stick by my sweet husbands side as we deal with his dementia which was diaganosed after my return from never-land, and the meetings of my beloved grandchildren in addition to witnessing our cultures increasing adventures with spirituality including all the weehooo stuff I was into since my teens.

Love it although I still don't know how to deal with the matter of spontaneously coughing up blood. I could scare the bejeezes out of someone unfamiliar with our being one with the southwest desert, Love, Jean
LindaA

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found that there are good things that can come about from having a somewhat serious, long-term illness like this. One is that my husband and I are much closer now. We always were, but when we first believed that I had lung cancer and then later understood my situation with Valley Fever, we express ourselves more and are more thoughtful. Another is that regular life problems suddenly seem more trivial, and there is much greater recognition and appreciation for the small, wonderful things that happen daily. Here's another. I'm having to style my hair much differently, which I'd never have done without the hair loss. It's drastically different, but I think I like it better and will keep it this way even if hair comes back. Now, I never seem to make changes like that easily...but here I have a new (natural) color and style. I also have learned that some wigs actually look good if they are quality ones. That, also, will be handy even if my hair grows back fuller, because we all have "bad hair days". I never would have tried wigs at all. This illness has also caused us to re-examine what we really want in life, where we really want to live, what we really want to do...and make plans. We are the type to set our focus on tomorrow, while sometimes forgetting about today. That's changed. Finally, I have renewed my spirituality.

All good things. Thanks for your optimism.

Linda
kat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love reading these inspirational stories and the new appreciation for the simple things in life. That's something this material world could use more of. I just wish we could all learn it without things like VF. The trials in life can either make us bitter or make us better. It's up to us.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    valleyfeversurvivor.com Forum Index -> Personal Stories and Hopeful Stories from Valley Fever Experiences All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: