ValleyFeverSurvivor.com
Valley Fever Message Board
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile      Homepagevfs Homepage   Log inLog in 

Valley Fever Survivor at Facebook  Valley Fever Survivor's Twitter updates  Valley Fever Survivor's YouTube Channel  The RSS feed for Valley Fever Survivor's updates
Antibiotic use

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    valleyfeversurvivor.com Forum Index -> Personal Stories and Hopeful Stories from Valley Fever Experiences
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gotfever

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Antibiotic use Reply with quote

Thanks again to all of you who are so kind to give me some input for this valley fever.

The Dr. that I have currently prescribed me anti-biotics in case I have an infection. I asked him why he doesn't prescribe some anti-fungals and he said we are waiting for your blood test and you ct scan. The side effects of anti-fungals is not very good and we have to make sure what you have.

I am not thrilled about taking this anti-biotic. I have taken about 4 pills out of 15.

Can anyone shed some light on this. I have read on some other posts that anti-biotics may reduce my immunity even more. I would prefer to boost up my immunity to combat this stuff.

Thanks , Heidi
vfs_admin_Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Heidi,

Bacteria are often becoming resistant to antibiotics just because doctors are handing the drugs out "in case" someone has a bacterial infection. Hopefully he had better reasoning for the decision.

There are a few problems with antibiotics for VF cases:

1) VF is caused by a fungus, so anti-bacterial medication won't fight it at all
2) VF grows faster in soil sterilized of microbial competition, and there is a theory that wiping out the bacterial competition in the body might let VF have a freer reign
3) Antibiotics can harm the beneficial gut bacteria that assist your immunity.

One way to fight the problem in item 3 is by finding a probiotic - just make sure it measures CFU, colony forming units, or active cultures in the billions to be sure it is effective.

Other ways to boost immunity are highlighted on our Facebook page's Notes section on building the immune system. Please "Friend" valleyfeversurvivor there as well.

All my best
www.valleyfeverepidemic.com
Join us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/valleyfeversurvivor
View our You Tube channel: www.youtube.com/valleyfeversurvivor
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    valleyfeversurvivor.com Forum Index -> Personal Stories and Hopeful Stories from Valley Fever Experiences All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: