ValleyFeverSurvivor.com
Valley Fever Message Board
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile      Homepagevfs Homepage   Log inLog in 

Valley Fever Survivor at Facebook  Valley Fever Survivor's Twitter updates  Valley Fever Survivor's YouTube Channel  The RSS feed for Valley Fever Survivor's updates
Recently diagnosed with Cocci need some help.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    valleyfeversurvivor.com Forum Index -> Personal Stories and Hopeful Stories from Valley Fever Experiences
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mbrown0908

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Recently diagnosed with Cocci need some help. Reply with quote

Hi. I am 27 years old and I was recently diagnosed with Cocci. I have been battling health issues for over a year now and have been misdiagnosed time and time again. I initially went to the hospital because I was coughing up blood and throwing up blood and had lost a severe amount of weight. Well I ended up getting 2 blood transfusions and was hospitalized for 2 weeks. They said it was an ulcer and a gastro problem and sent me out to a gastroentrologist. I continued to still have the same symptoms and was hospitalized a couple more times and broke out it what I thought were hives as well. I went through hell with the doctors is Arizona thinking I was anorexic/bolemic thats why i lost so much weight. They did a calorie count on me and everything. All my test from a gastro standpoint kept coming back negative. I lost 2 jobs because of my fatigue missing work and being so weak i could barely get out of bed. Long story short I came to Texas to visit my sister recently and started coughing up blood and than began throwing up. (this was just so normal for me because noting ever worked and I just went on with life) She was astonished by how much it was and how much i had been sleeping she made me go to the e.r. I ended up getting admitted because my blood count was low so i had a blood trasfusion and they immediately said it was cocci. I had never heard anything about Cocci. I was told my condition could be terminal due to the damage it has done to my lungs that is untreatable. All this is new to me. I have been researching it myself and trying to figure it all out until my insurance kicks in so I can go to my next doctors appointment. We are looking into a lawsuit against the hospital for all the damages mentally, physically, and emotionally I have went through the past year. I have a 2 year old daughter and can barely play with her without getting so tired or running out of breath its crazy. The doctors said if Arizona wouldve caught it when I was initially hospitalized I wouldnt be in the state I am in and have the damages that I do. THis has been one crazy roller coaster ride for me I have been diagnosed with everything under the sun but what I REALLY had... its been a long year and a half needless to say. Does anyone have any suggestions or information legally or in general to help me with. ANYTHING helps. I'm trying to figure out what to do from here. thank you and God bless
vfs_admin_Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Melissa, being bounced around from one doctor to another and misdiagnosed is surprisingly common. Though the anorexia accusation is not nearly so common than the misdiagnosis of lung cancer.

Coughing up blood often is an indication for lung resection surgery, which is exactly what it sounds like - they surgically take out a section of the lung that is infected with cocci. You asked if it can be fatal, and the answer is yes, but if a lung resection or antifungal medication can help you, then that is exactly what you need to have. Inconvenient as it may be, waiting for your insurance could be dangerous for your health.

For a lawsuit, you must contact a malpractice attorney. Get all the medical records of every medical visit you made, and double check that you have absolutely EVERY scrap of paper to detail everything that happened, especially your ER diagnosis of cocci. Only your attorney can know the exact angle to approach this, but once he or she does, have the attorney's firm contact Valley Fever Survivor at voiceforaction@valleyfeversurvivor.com and schedule a consultation, since we believe we could contribute to a successful case as we had for the VA.

There is also a Statement of Fact we had prepared for another case that had never gone to trial and it was included in my book Valley Fever Epidemic, which would also help you and an attorney in understanding exactly what the disease is and what it can do. In fact, VFE also has a chapter on what you can do beyond medical care in terms of diet, which is something you can do to make your body stronger no matter what disease you may face.

I hope post this also answers the questions from your email too, but with the added benefit that others on the board may have ideas as well. Please go to a medical professional who will do something to treat your Valley Fever diagnosis as soon as possible.

All my best,
www.valleyfeverepidemic.com
Join us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/valleyfeversurvivor
View our You Tube channel: www.youtube.com/valleyfeversurvivor
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    valleyfeversurvivor.com Forum Index -> Personal Stories and Hopeful Stories from Valley Fever Experiences All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: