ValleyFeverSurvivor.com
Valley Fever Message Board
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile      Homepagevfs Homepage   Log inLog in 

Valley Fever Survivor at Facebook  Valley Fever Survivor's Twitter updates  Valley Fever Survivor's YouTube Channel  The RSS feed for Valley Fever Survivor's updates
Need advice on CT and Dr. Visit

 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    valleyfeversurvivor.com Forum Index -> Personal Stories and Hopeful Stories from Valley Fever Experiences
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
gotfever



Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Posts: 16
Location: Tucson, AZ

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: Need advice on CT and Dr. Visit Reply with quote

HI All:

First I want to thank all of you for helping me and sharing with me your personal stories of this disease. I greatly appreciate this.

My first symptom of this disease happened around April 12th. Since then, I have gotten a blood test and cxry and ct scan. Now, I have an appt. with the Pulmonologist on Wednesday.

I want to share my ct study with you and see what you think the Dr. will say and what questions I should ask him?

My blood test came back positive for Valley fever. The Cocci Ab was positive. They must have not done a titer test because I do not have those results. My White blood cells were elevated at 15.2 and they prescribed an anti-biotic.
The Eosinophils, absolute neutrophils and absolute eosinophil are all elevated.

The Ct scan shows a mass like area of consolidation in the left lower lobe of 3.4cm by 3.1cm approx. There is associated left hilar lymphadenopathy,(I believe this means it is in the lymph system) There seems to be no calcifications. There are some small nodules scattered throughout. The report says the most likely etiology would be an inflammatory process. It says a neoplasm is not excluded and clinical correlation is necessary. Correlation with coccidiomycosis titers is suggested. If clinically indicated, this could be further evaluated with a ct guided biopsy. The area of consolidation shows some necrosis. If a decision to follow the lesion is made, then follow-up until resolution would be recommended with next follow-up in 3 months.

I am currently on 400mg of fluconazole daily. I started May 2nd. I still have a few more anti-biotics to take.

I appreciate any comment or advice on this report. I just do not trust the medical profession and I would really like to know how to approach all this.

Thanks a million,
Heidi in Tucson....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
epenney



Joined: 28 Apr 2009
Posts: 47
Location: Galt, CA

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You kind of lost me a little with the medical terms. My mind is not as sharp as it was 4-1/2 years ago before I got VF. If I understand what you were writing, you have a 3.4cm mass in your lower left lung, and the VF has disseminated to you lymph nodes. Is that correct?

Has the Dr discussed doing a biopsy of the mass in your lung? I had a needle biopsy of the 2cm mass in my upper left lung (not fun) which came back positive as Cocci. Ohter tests concluded the VF had disseminated but there were no indications it had spread to my brain, so the Dr did not want to do the lumbar puncture test.

My titres were 1:8 and the Dr started me on 400mg Fluconazole then increased the dosage to 800mg/day 2 months later. If I remember correctly, it took over a year for my titres to reduce to 1:2. I remained on 800mg/day Fluconazole for about 3 years, and then had the dose slowly reduced to 200mg/day and am still at that dose today.

I hope you are have a good day today.
-Eric
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mbrown0908



Joined: 04 May 2013
Posts: 3
Location: Fort Worth, Texas

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i completely understand where you are coming from i have been in and out of the hospital for a year now and was diagnosed may 2nd here in texas i just moved here to get away from all that once i was diagnosed. I lived in tucson as well... i have so many questions and am so confused I posted a post as well hope you can find answers and if you have any please look at my post and respond with what you find out. im 27 with a 2 year old daughter and moved out to tucson to go to school. started having symptoms march of last year and was misdiagnosed the whole year at tucson medical center. I'm scared and just dont know what to do, think, or feel. I was told my condition is terminal due to the damage the fungus had caused to my lungs thats untreatable. I am also on 400 mg of fluconozale and was told it makes you lose your hair. I have no insurance because I just moved out here and am waiting on the state to approve my insurance. so until i am able to see the pulmonary specialist and infectious disease speacialist i am left with surfing the web for answers. Good luck to you & God bless.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    valleyfeversurvivor.com Forum Index -> Personal Stories and Hopeful Stories from Valley Fever Experiences All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Copyright © 2002-2013 valleyfeversurvivor.com All Rights Reserved


Terms of Use

Board Powered by phpBB © 2013 phpBB Group