ValleyFeverSurvivor.com
Valley Fever Message Board
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile      Homepagevfs Homepage   Log inLog in 

Valley Fever Survivor at Facebook  Valley Fever Survivor's Twitter updates  Valley Fever Survivor's YouTube Channel  The RSS feed for Valley Fever Survivor's updates
If you are having trouble posting to the board

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    valleyfeversurvivor.com Forum Index -> VFS Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vfs_admin_Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: If you are having trouble posting to the board Reply with quote

It has come to our attention that some people are having difficulty posting to the message board. This has been a problem particularly for users with America Online (AOL). The following Q&A tips may help.

Question:
I signed up for the board. Why can't I log in?

Answer:
You may not have received an activation code. When you register with the board, an activation email is automatically sent to you. This email contains a link that you must click on to activate your account, but it is sometimes blocked by spam control software. Contact us at voiceforaction@valleyfeversurvivor.com if you did not receive your activation code email within one hour of registration.

Question:
I logged in correctly and typed up a reply or a new post. Instead of posting my message, the screen changes to the log in screen and everything I wrote was lost. Or something else similar stopped me from being able to post. What happened?

Answer:
A user who encountered this problem found the following solution. Click the checkbox "Log me on automatically each visit" near the login button at the bottom of the screen and log in from there. Note that you might still have to log in manually each time (depending upon your settings), but you should be able to post.

This problem may also occur if your computer has settings that do not allow you to use the board properly. Here are some remedies that you should try before you log in next time:

- AOL users should lower their security settings in order to post to the message board. A message board member using AOL 9.0 security found it helpful to switch to AOL 9.0 optimized. Another AOL user reported that the tips helped him:

- If you are using Internet Explorer, try clicking on "Tools" and then "Internet Options." From there click the "Privacy" tab and slide the bar to the bottom so it says "Accept All Cookies." Click "Accept" and then "Okay." If that doesn't work, try again with "Tools" and then "Internet Options." From there click the "Security" tab and slide the bar to the bottom so it says "Low." Click "Accept" and then "Okay." This tip may applies primarily to AOL users but may help others.

I hope these tips help you to use our message board. Thanks for visiting.

Dave
www.valleyfeversurvivor.com
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    valleyfeversurvivor.com Forum Index -> VFS Announcements All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: